Wednesday, October 5, 2011

...................................Less than a week!!

                       Firstly,  Thanks to Pyramid Educational Consultants....and a super friend and             mom-to-be  Tracy for recent donations...I so appreciate your help!

I also have BIG Thank you for Sara McPheeters!  Sara is an American Peace Corp worker who has been in Bulgaria over the past year, working at the Karin Dom center as the lead teacher in the classroom for students with Autism.  Sara has been back here in the states for nearly three weeks with two Bulgarian women who also work at the Center, to gain skills in ABA and view a variety of educational program models here in Hartford.  But....Sara....being Sara....has also been helping out at Coltsville in lots of ways...She's terrific!  Even Sunny thought so today!

My flight leaves for London early Saturday evening for London...then on to Sophia, Bulgaria...then a long bus ride to Varna.  (Planes, trains and automobiles comes to mind....hopefully i'm not seated next to the shower ring salesman).

Top Five Reasons for a Trip to Varna:
I can't wait to see those beautiful Bulgarian children.
I will have a view of the Black Sea from the Center.
Ellie's halloween costume is already made...so I have lots of time on my hands.
My friend Jen will be in Portugal...so we will have Italy midway between us (I'm thinking, Jen).
What a wonderful opportunity I've been given.  It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment