Wednesday, October 19, 2011

........................I've lost track...what day is it?

Beach View!
Great day..The weather has finally cleared and I took a walk with Sara after school along the sea garden.  That's where I spotted this cozy little villa (okay...mansion) with a view of the Sea.  Can't you just see me there?  ...and I could walk to work!  haha.

The Black Sea.....is SOOOOO Blue!
We walked to the Center of Varna.  The sea garden walk is a lovely trail along the upper cliff of the coast and behind the main city street.  The best of both worlds.  Everyone was out today after the incessant rain. 

Training went well today...and I'll be preparing soon for tomorrow's training on "problem behavior."  Saving the good stuff for last.  I've been showing lots of videos, which the staff seem to enjoy.  I didn't have any for today...so I just had to embed cute photos of Ellie every 5th slide or so.  It worked!

BTW...for my Coltsville friends, don't ever sign the word "bathroom" in public.  Apparently, our thumb in fist sign for bathroom means something ENTIRELY different in Bulgaria (let's just say something like...oh... a middle finger).  Thanks Sara for letting me know AFTER I used the sign to demonstrate a point about teaching kids more than one way to ask for the bathroom!


This one's for you, Cooper!!!  
Little skate board park along the sea garden walk.        




Congratulations on taking first...AGAIN....in your recent cross country meet.  Miss you!!!!
















Kindergarten News:
Jenna
 Hi Friends,
Today....I found a Bulgarian MacDonalds.  Look closely at the red sign and you will see how MacDonalds is spelled in Bulgarian.  No, I didn't stop in for some fries, but it did smell good!  

Add caption
And....something very cool about about the school that I am working in here....is that they have a dog!!! Yep...her name is Jenna and she is very friendly.  She loves children and she went for a walk this afternoon with me.  Maybe...your class could write Mrs. Dessert some letters and ask if Kearns school could have a dog like Jenna.
The word for "dog" in Bulgarian is "kuche."  ...and dogs in Bulgaria still say, "bow wow."     
Caio,
Ellie's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment