Thursday, October 13, 2011

.............................Day three

First some weirdness...I found this "tomb" thing in the back edge of the garden when I was walking yesterday.  At first I thought it was some type of old ghoulish mausoleum or something (it's October...)...but I don't think the family would have been so irreverent to the dead.  I found out today that the estate had actually been taken away from the family under the Communist regime and was taken over by the military.  This is part of the remains of an underground bunker system....very cool.  Part of me wants to go look around for cool stuff....but a much bigger part of me is totally creeped out by the thought of spiders and rats so i'm not going down there.

Busy day today in the classrooms and then again with training.  I saw some really "fun" kids.  Wish I could take them home!  Training was on response and stimulus prompting....and fading.  They've got full physical prompting down...it's fading it.  Also spoke a lot about compliance versus task skill.  It's funny but it's definitely a divided crowd of women.  By the third day I have the first two rows leaning in, asking questions and taking notes.  The back two rows (they've self segregated themselves by now) yawn and shake their head in disbelief that they are listening to such a silly american, when they could be cleaning something.  I don't even think a Lady Gaga video would work at this point.

Waking at 4:00 am tomorrow for the trip to Turkey. ...and that's only giving myself 45 minutes to shower, dress, down a cup of tea and haul my butt into a taxi.  It should be fun though.  Magi, the training director, said that "we are stopping two times for shopping." ...I'm thinking Kazakh Bazaar....

KINDERGARTEN NEWS!!
Hi friends,
How was your trip to the Bushnell to see The Little Red Hen??  I walked through the garden here at the school today and found this statue....and thought of you!
 
The word for "chicken" in Bulgarian is
"pile."  It sounds kindof like "pie."
Just like in America, the preschool children here are taught the names of animals and the sounds they make.  But the word for "kangaroo" in Bulgarian....is still just "kangaroo!"


I wonder if any of you will eat some "pile" for dinner tonight.  I bet Ellie's Grandmother is cooking up kangaroo!
love,
Ellie's mom.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment